Wednesday, March 26, 2014

EurAsia Cup Day 1 - watching life right now

The first day is running and we are lucky. Golf Channel has it on beginning at 8 30 pm EST. It is now 11 45 pm and I am still watching.

The parings were published on the official European Tour website and I am confident that many of you actually studied them.

Check out the Pairings and Standings of the EurAsia Cup

Looking at the standings right now, it looks like Europe is leading comfortably. Most impressive is so far without a doubt the captain himself. Miguel Angel Jimenez played 9 under par through 11 holes, including 2 very good eagles. Looks like he is absolutely confident that he can not miss a shot today.

Jaidee is playing well , but can only do so much. Being so far ahead , I think, that while I am asleep Jimenez and Larrazabal will bring it home. At least I hope so.

All matches following the first match are wide open. Anything can happen at any time. In team golf you just never know what will come next.

Only huge surprise is the last match. Graeme McDowel and Donaldson are 2 down at this point. The Asian team players did a good job converting their opportunities. But this match is far from over as well.

I like the fact that the captains both play in the first group. Leading the way and after the round being able to communicate with the other groups and welcome them on the 18th hole.

It all looks like a very friendly and relaxed atmosphere. I am a little disappointed by the number of spectators I am seeing on the course. Then again, it is not a surprise. It is a brand new event and it is day one.

The Ryder Cup did not start any better many years ago and now look what it became.

Really would like to know what the TV coverage in Europe is. In Asia it is probably covered pretty well.

For me it is bed time soon. But I am excited about this upcoming weekend. All tours have interesting events coming up and for sure we will get some interesting news.

What is your tip for the EurAsia Cup? I think Europe will finish day 1 with a 3 : 2 lead. Looking forward to wake up and read the results. Certainly will write some comments on what I read. Maybe I can even do some live blogging on Saturday evening.






 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment